Zoho CRM is one of the most popular CRM tools for small and medium businesses worldwide, to manage their customer-facing problems. But only a few companies pay attention to its implementation and wonder what went wrong when they see no real results. So, basically mere adoption of CRM isn’t enough, you must also have a proper CRM implementation strategy, depending upon your business needs.
This blog will provide you with 10 practices that you should follow while implementing Zoho CRM.
1. Integrate with other Zoho Products
Zoho also has a host of other CRM apps in the market that complement it. These can increase the overall efficiency of your business by allowing users to communicate and share information all in a single centralized place.
Essential apps that you can integrate with the Zoho CRM are:
- Zoho Projects enables you to plan and track your project from one single place.
- Zoho support allows you to monitor customer tickets within the Zoho CRM account.
- Zoho reports helping you to analyze your Zoho CRM data and create insightful reports and dashboards that have more features than the inbuilt reports of the Zoho CRM.
You May Also Like: Top 5 Zoho Products and Their Features
2. Avoid Duplicates in Lead contacts, Accounts, and Potentials
As the best practice, put the duplicate check-in place in Zoho CRM. When converting a lead into contact and potential, a duplicate record is found if the contact already exists with the same email. In that case, merge the lead into that contact rather than creating a duplicate. Otherwise, these duplicates can add up to a large number, if not checked frequently.
3. Data Enrichment
Just possessing the data will not be enough to differentiate the Zoho CRM from the other competitors. It should have quality data.
Here are some tips to enrich the data in Zoho CRM:
- Make necessary fields obligatory on pages.
- Use picklist fields to avoid data errors.
- The staff should be adequately trained in correctly filling the data.
- Create formula feeds to show the record completeness in Zoho CRM.
4. Automate the Processes using Workflow Automation
The best reliable way to automate businesses is to eliminate the dependency on persons.
With its immediate and time-based actions, workflow automation helps organizations manage their businesses with absolute precision. With this automation facility, you can assign the task, send email alerts, submit the record for approval and change the record values without making mistakes.
5. Use the Security Effectively
One of the most underrated functions of Zoho CRM is the use of role and profile-based security. This is because most Zoho CRM organizations do not know how to use it, and as a result, they end up using it in an insecure manner.
Here are some Zoho CRM best practices while using the security:
- Use the profiles and roles effectively to offer access only on a need-to-know basis.
- Create a group to manage a set of common records and use them for setting up team selling, team support, and event management.
- Use the default access of records as private.
- Continually assess the access obtained by users indirectly through the roles hierarchy.
6. Effectively use Reports and Dashboards
Here are some of the tips for the effective usage of reports and dashboards:
- Use adjustable report layouts up to 3-level column grouping.
- Use public or private folders to provide access to the reports.
- Schedule to deliver the report to the intended user, including known Zoho CRM users, through e-mail.
- Effectively use the charts- bar, funnel, pie, and line charts.
- Show the charts on the customized homepage.
7. Integrate with Telephony Zoho
Phone Bridge offers an excellent way to make and receive calls inside the Zoho CRM. With this, you can integrate PBX systems with Zoho CRM for inbound and outbound calls. At the same time, users can log the phone calls with their contacts.
The supported telephone systems are Ozonetel, RingCentral, Aromero, Asterisk 1.4, Twilio, Elastix 1.6, Ringio, Knowlarity, and Avaya.
8. Set up Email Integration
Centralize all the customer information and email communications within the Zoho CRM. It also shares the option to share the business emails with colleagues. With this, the incoming and outgoing emails will be in the record.
9. Use Macros to do the Repeated Tasks-Manually
Macros are actions that can be executed for a group of records in the Zoho CRM module; these include email alerts, creating tasks, and updating a field in the record; these are not automatically triggered, and users need to run the macros manually.
10. Determine the Business Metrics you want to see
The last step in your implementation process must be to set up the system to reflect all the metrics defined in your business goals.
Congratulations!! You have successfully implemented the Zoho CRM for your business!
If you still have doubts about implementing these practices, we at CRM Masters are here to help you. Feel free to contact our vendors for a smooth implementation process.